Between 2020 and 2021, Brazil participated in 162 cooperation initiatives, of which almost 60% were implemented through Bilateral SSC, while the remaining 40% was distributed in Regional SSC programs (29%) and Triangular Cooperation actions and/or projects (11%). 

Brazil mainly acted as provider in the framework of Bilateral SSC and as first provider in Triangular Cooperation initiatives. In addition, and to a greater extent, it played the role both in Regional SSC. Different Ibero-American partners strengthened their experience based on Brazil’s accumulated knowledge in various sectors such as Health, Water supply and sanitation, Agriculture and livestock and Environment, among others. On the other hand, this South-American country was able to improve its own capacities mainly in the Health, Education and Strengthening institutions and public policies sectors.  

Brazil associated with several partners including Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay in order to implement these 162 initiatives. Through these exchanges, the country contributed to the achievement of SDG 3 (Good health and well-being), SDG 4 (Quality education) and SDG 6 (Clean water and sanitation), thus contributing to the alignment of Ibero-American cooperation with the 2030 Agenda. 

  1. Download