During 2019, Colombia participated in 218 cooperation actions, projects and programs. Around 60% of these initiatives was implemented through Bilateral SSC and the remaining 40% was distributed between Regional SSC (27%) and Triangular Cooperation (14%). Its main Ibero-American partners were Peru, Mexico and Costa Rica.

Colombia combined the exercise of the different roles although its participation as provider was more prominent, mainly under the Bilateral modality. Through these more than 200 initiatives, Colombia transferred its experience in the Agriculture and livestock, Other services and social policies, Strengthening institutions and public policies and Health sectors. On the other hand, it could also strengthen its capacities and knowledge on Disaster management, Environment, Agriculture and livestock, Strengthening institutions and public policies and Other services and social policies, among other sectors.

Altogether, Colombia’s SS and Triangular cooperation in 2019 contributed to the region’s progress on the achievement of SDG 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions), SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth) and SDG 11 (Sustainable cities and communities).

  1. Download