Almost 48% of the 153 initiatives implemented by Costa Rica between 2020 and 2021 were carried out under the Bilateral SSC modality and the remaining 52% were executed through Regional SSC programs (35%) and Triangular Cooperation actions and/or projects (17%). Its main Ibero-American partners were the Dominican Republic, El Salvador and Panama.   

Although Costa Rica combined the exercise of all roles in the three cooperation modalities recognized in the Ibero-American space, its role as recipient in Bilateral SSC stands out (58 out of 73 initiatives were carried out under this modality), as well as its participation as first provider in Triangular Cooperation (17 out of 27 initiatives). Costa Rica shared its knowledge and experience in sectors such as Environment, Agriculture and livestock and Tourism, among others, while it strengthened its own capacities in Health, Disaster management, Environment and Others. 

Costa Rica’s overall participation in the cooperation implemented between 2020 and 2021 contributed to the region’s achievement of SDG 3 (Good health and well-being), SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth), SDG 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions) and SDG 11 (Sustainable cities and communities).

  1. Download