Between 2020 and 2021, the Dominican Republic participated in 136 cooperation initiatives. Of these, 52% were implemented through Bilateral SSC, while the remaining 48% were distributed in Regional SSC programs (31%) and Triangular Cooperation actions and/or projects (17%). 

The Dominican Republic mainly acted as recipient in both Bilateral SSC and Triangular Cooperation, strengthening its capacities in the following sectors: Health, Strengthening institutions and public policies and Disaster management, among others. In turn, it was able to share its knowledge and experience as provider in Agriculture and livestock, Employment, Strengthening institutions and public policies, Management of public finances, Environment and Peace, public and national security and defense. 

In order to implement these 136 initiatives, the Dominican Republic associated with several countries, among which Costa Rica, El Salvador and Guatemala stand out. Through these exchanges, this Ibero-American Caribbean country contributed to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through SDG 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions), SDG 3 (Good health and well-being), SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth) and SDG 11 (Sustainable cities and communities).   

  1. Download