Around 56% of the 140 initiatives in which El Salvador participated between 2020 and 2021 were executed through Bilateral SSC. The remaining 44% were distributed in Regional SSC programs (30%) and in Triangular Cooperation actions and/or projects (14%). 

El Salvador’s role as recipient stands out in around 91% of the initiatives that were implemented. This enabled the country to strengthen its capacities in different sectors such as Health, Strengthening institutions and public policies, Environment, Education, Disaster management and Other services and social policies. In turn, it was also able to share its knowledge and experience with other Ibero-American partners mainly in Peace, public and national security and defense and Environment.  

El Salvador’s cooperation was particularly active with Honduras, Costa Rica and Guatemala and, overall, it potentially contributed to the achievement of SDG 3 (Good health and well-being), SDG 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions), SDG 4 (Quality education) and SDG 13 (Climate action). 

  1. Download