Around 60% of the 141 initiatives in which Honduras participated between 2020 and 2021 were implemented through Bilateral SSC. The remaining 40% was distributed between Regional SSC programs (29%) and Triangular Cooperation actions and/or projects (11%). 

Honduras mainly participated in these exchanges as recipient, especially in Bilateral SSC initiatives (78 out of 85) and in all Triangular Cooperation initiatives. The exercise of this role resulted in capacity strengthening in topics related to Health, Agriculture and livestock, Environment and Disaster management. Meanwhile, as provider, it was able to support other countries’ experience in diverse sectors such as Agriculture and livestock, Culture, Legal and judicial development and Human Rights, Enterprises, Environment and Peace, public and national security and defense. 

El Salvador, Guatemala and Costa Rica stand out among its main partners. As a result of the efforts made in the framework of this cooperation, Honduras was able to contribute to advance the achievement of SDG 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions), SDG 3 (Good health and well-being) and SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth), and to the alignment of Ibero-American cooperation with the 2030 Agenda. 

  1. Download