About 68% of the 251 initiatives in which Mexico participated between 2020 and 2021 were implemented through Bilateral SSC actions and projects while, of the remaining 32%, 20% corresponded to Regional SSC programs and, the last 12%, to Triangular Cooperation with other countries and partners. Mexico’s cooperation was particularly active with Chile, Colombia and Costa Rica. 

Although Mexico combined the provider and recipient role in the three cooperation modalities recognized in the Ibero-American space, its leading role as provider in both Bilateral SSC and Triangular Cooperation stands out. In this framework, it shared its accumulated experience with different partners in various sectors such as Agriculture and livestock, Environment, Energy, Strengthening institutions and public policies and Peace, public and national security and defense. As recipient, in turn, it was able to strengthen its capacities in Health, Disaster management, Environment and Other services and social policies.  

As a result of the efforts made through this cooperation, Mexico was able to contribute to advance the achievement of SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth), SDG 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions), and SDG 11 (Sustainable cities and communities), and therefore align Ibero-American cooperation with the 2030 Agenda. 

  1. Download